Cow Milk or Buffalo Milk, Which one is good for nutrients? They both look alike and they taste same too. It is really confusing while choosing which one is best suited for. We can see Buffalo milk is thick as compared to Cow Milk. Basically, Buffalo milk is used for rice pudding (desert made from milk, rice and sugar) and also for tea whereas Cow milk is used for feeding to babies.
But there are some differences among them , learn some difference and decide which one is good nutrients supplier.
- Cow milk contains less amount of fat as compared Buffalo. That’s why Cow milk is thinner than Buffalo milk.
- Buffalo milk contains more calcium which helps in hypertension and disease related to Kidneys.
- Protein Efficiency Ratio(EPR) value of Buffalo milk proteins to be 2.74 and that of cow milk is 2.49. It will be seen that Buffalo milk has about 11.42% higher protein than Cow milk.
- Cow milk has 90% of water which makes cow milk thinner and it helps to fulfill the dehydration(scarce of water) in our body.
- Buffalo milk has more important minerals in compared to Cow milk. It consists of calcium, iron and phosphorus which are higher bu 92 %, 37.7% and 118% respectively than those present in cow milk.
- Cholesterol content in Buffalo milk is 0.65 mg/g whereas Cow milk has 3.14 mg/g.
The higher levels of various bio-protective factors such as immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, isozymes, lactoperoxidase render more in buffalo milk which are suitable than cow milk for the preparation of a wide range of special dietary and health foods.